Local home builders H. Hudson Homes take great pride in building homes throughout many of Portland’s top rated communities. This is why we’re sharing some great information from the Portland Business Journal about Portland’s hottest neighborhoods.
Want to know which neighborhoods are trending? Curious about what amenities these cities have? We’ve compiled a short list of our favorite communities. From art galleries in Lake Oswego to shopping opportunities in Beaverton, each of these locations offers something that everyone in the family will enjoy.
1. Lake Oswego: There is always something to do in Lake Oswego. Cool off during the summer at the Swim Park, practice your swing at the public golf course, check out the new displays in the local galleries and enjoy one of the five nature trails around the city. Seasonal activities and events include the Lake Oswego Farmers Market, Festival of the Arts and Movies in the Park.
2. Forest Grove: Escape the city life in the quaint town of Forest Grove. Not only is it a Willamette Valley wine country hotspot, it has the first designated scenic bikeway in Washington County. Opportunities to meet the neighbors abound with events like First Wednesday, the Farmers Market, American Music Festival and the Performing Arts Series.
3. Hazelwood: One of the largest neighborhoods in Portland, Hazelwood offers a small town-feel. The area’s Gateway Green project is converting 35 acres of undeveloped land into nature trails surrounded by lush greenery. Exercise your green thumb at the local community garden, get your heart pumping on the fitness trail around the Glendoveer Golf Course and catch a ride at one of the several MAX stops.
4. Pearl District: There’s something for everyone in Portland’s Pearl District. No longer filled with just railroad yards and warehouses, “the Pearl” is one of the most desired neighborhoods in the Northwest. Everything you seek in regards to shopping, dining, outdoor recreation is within walking distance. It’s also one of the most pet-friendly areas in Portland.
5. Laurelhurst: Laurelhurst is among the top Portland neighborhoods for the fastest-selling homes. In addition to its sprawling park, 3.5-mile walking loop and ideal downtown proximity, this neighborhood is ultra-child friendly with its Kids Club, a neighborhood association service that vets babysitters, preschools, playgroups and more.
6. Foster-Powell: Situated at the center of Portland’s southeast neighborhoods, Foster-Powell is known for its ethnically diverse residents (and the foods they offer at local eateries and food carts) and an eclectic business community. Three major transit arteries surround the triangular neighborhood, making it simple to get to your destination. Foster-Powell is home to three parks: Essex, Kern and Laurelwood.
7. Raleigh Hills: A neighborhood in Portland’s southwest hills, Raleigh Hills places you close to areas like Beaverton, Progress and Garden Home. It has a vibrant business environment and is perfect for those who want to live outside of a big city’s urban environment.
8. Beaverton: Beaverton is known for its well-planned neighborhoods and close proximity to Portland. The area has 100 parks, so you’re never more than a ½-mile from one of the city’s green spaces. In addition, Beaverton schools are nationally acclaimed for their academic achievements.
9. Aloha: Aloha is one of the few affordable and most desirable communities left in the Portland metro area because of its close proximity to public transportation, low-density neighborhoods and high-ranking area school districts. In addition to being close to Intel and Nike’s headquarters, the rural-turned-suburb city features a new library and is just 11 miles from downtown Portland.
10. Forest Heights: As Portland’s top-selling neighborhood at the end of 2013, Forest Height in Portland’s West Hills is a planned residential community. The area has its own manicured common green space, private shuttle bus service, elementary school and special events to welcome newcomers.
The Portland home builders at H. Hudson Homes are in on the real estate action in the area’s most popular neighborhoods with available properties and upcoming new modern homes. Contact H. Hudson Homes to learn more about its projects.